Count your many blessings.....

The Rodgers Family: Will, Megan, Sasha, Seth, Addie, Audrey and Noah



Monday, March 18, 2013

When will the Easter Bunny come??

The Easter Bunny is fun, isn't it?
It's fun doing things like this as
a parent.
BUT,
what isn't fun is playing Easter Bunny
and then rushing your little kiddos
off to church. Not my favorite thing.
 (Our ward shares
the building with the singles branch and so
we will be on the 9am schedule
forever more. Makes it hard for stuff like this.)
 
They can't even really enjoy
their baskets and the Easter Egg Hunt.
SO....
a few years ago I heard of someone
having the Easter Bunny come
on SATURDAY morning instead of Sunday morning.
Genius.
I have done this the past few years and LOVE it.
We have time to enjoy our Easter Baskets,
the kids spend all day hiding and re-hiding
all the eggs.
We spend Sunday celebrating the spiritual side of Easter,
and eating the rest of the candy.
If there is any left.....
 
 
 
 

1 thoughts shared:

Lynette said...

We celebrate Easter the same way...Non-spiritual stuff on Saturday and a peaceful Sunday. So much nicer!

I am enjoying catching up with your posts. :) Your kids are growing up so fast! I think we should try and get together when the weather (really) warms up. You have such sweet kids!

And I LOVE the poem you posted! Such a clever idea...I really like your poetry study!